Not satisfied with a product that you bought from HP and want to give it back? Hate going through the long HP return policy? Well, here we present to you a short and concise but informative version of HP’s Return Policy.
Table of Contents
HP Return Policy
According to the HP Return Policy, most of the products can basically be returned within 7 days of the delivery of the product(s) to get a full refund. The products must be returned in original packaging, with all the accessories and the papers. But above all, please note that HP accepts returns only for product(s) that were ordered with the HP store online. HP does not accept returns for products that were ordered through any other online store or through their retail store.
Before Returning Your Product(s)
The HP Customer Care gives access to advising of experts on all HP products. You can contact them at 1-(800)-108-4747, option 1 then 2 from Monday to Friday 9 am to 6 pm and 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays(counting out public holidays).
The Process of HP Return and Refund
The actual HP Return Policy will be discussed here. Please read on below to find out how to exactly return your product(s) to HP step by step.
Methods to Return a Product(s)
How can I return the item(s) that I purchased from HP?
The HP Return Policy states that HP accepts returns of product(s) only purchased from their online store hp.com. Hence you cannot return product(s) purchased from their retail store. Consequently, there is only one way of returning a product(s) that you bought from HP. Requests can be initiated through phone at 1-(800)-108-4747, option 1 then 2.
Processing A Return
By calling on the above-written number, you will be able to talk with the call agent of HP. But before doing so, you will have to keep some information ready for him/her.
- Contact Details: Keep the caller details ready for the call agent. You can then ask him only whom you need to contact for further details and clarification.
- Product Details: To help you out, the call agent must have the details of your products. The product details include the serial number, the product model and the product number. All of this will give the call agent the exact information he/she needs in determining the product and helping you return it.
- The details of the problem of the product: To help the agent help you, you must provide the call agent with the following details
a. Describing the exact problem and mentioning its symptoms
b. The message and the error code(applicable only in some cases)
c. The steps you took to sever the problems(for eg results of the memory test, etc)
d. The information of the part that is the faulty one(only if it is available), for an eg capacity of the hard disk, the HP spare number,etc.)
- Kindly do not refuse the delivery or return product without contacting HP first
- Not following this process will lead to your credit being delayed. This will lead to you assuming the risk and loss of payments of return shipping charges.
- You can contact HP to check the status of your return.
HP Corona Virus Response
Everyone is struggling with corona virus pandemic. HP is doing its best to go through this situation and helping the employees and its customers. While maintaining the social distancing protocol and taking other precautionary measure HP is working closely with their suppliers to deliver the products to their customers. Along with this they are also handing out guides to the things we should follow at this difficult time.
HP Refund Policy
The HP Refund Policy states that to return a product(s) to HP, you have to have a Return Goods Authorization(RGA). You can get this by either getting in touch with HP Order Support through by chatting live or by contacting at 1-866-625-0242. Non- defective item(s) can be returned in 30 days of its delivery but is subject to a fee of $15 for restocking.
- If the product(s) that are delivered to you are damaged or deficient on arrival, then you are entitled to a free replacement within 14 days by HP.
- In case the product(s) are shipped wrongly by the HP store, that is at the wrong address, etc, then HP will replace it for free within 14 days.
- If you placed an incorrect order by mistake, etc, then also HP will replace the product(s) for free within 14 days however, only if the product(s) is unopened.
- If the consumer needs an alternate product(s), then also HP will replace the product(s) for free within 14 days.
- In case the consumer wants to cancel the order, had the product(s) not been shipped, no charges are applied. If the orders are shipped, the HP Return Policy will apply.
- The refund with 5% charges of cancellation for the cancellation requests sent within 14 days, though in case of the unopened product(s) only.
- Items that are unopened and want to be returned or replaced should be in the original packaging with all of the warranty/guarantee cards, all inbox literature, freebies, and accessories including keyboards, CPU, etc.
- All the applicable taxes(if any) are refunded along with the returns
- The handling charges, unloading charges, shipping charges, etc are not included in the refund.
- The refund will be in the original form of payment, that is if the payment was made by net banking or credit card, HP will refund the money by net banking or credit card respectively
- You will be refunded by HP in between 7-21 working days in case the payment was made by credit cards. If the payment was made by debit cards or net banking orders, then you will be refunded anytime between 5-7 days.
The Right Of Withdrawal
If you are wanting to arrange a return request because you changed your mind, you can just follow the underwritten simple steps to do so:
- Contact the HP store in 14 days from the delivery of the product(s): If you are already a registered consumer with HP, you can log in to your account, go to my orders and you can then click on return or replace items. If you are not a registered consumer you can write an email to HP at [email protected].
- The HP store will then provide you with extensive detailed instructions regarding the return.
- Prepare your product(s) to return to HP. You will have to delete all the software and hardware components that you have installed in the device. Take out all the personal DVDs and the CDs that you have used to install the drivers and software. Remove all the passwords which have the potential to block the access to all the HP software apps.
- Kindly remove all the personal and confidential information too.
- If you have refused the delivery of the product(s) that you have ordered, then you will have to contact HP to ask for the withdrawal of the product. HP will then initiate the return procedure.
Receiving a Defective Product
If you receive a defective product from HP, the HP Return Policy states that:
- Firstly, you can contact their technical support here.
- Once you get your caller ID or the DOA authorization number, you can contact the HP store within 30 days from the delivery.
- The HP store team will then provide you with detailed instructions on how to proceed ahead.
Receiving a Damaged Box or Product
If you receive a damaged box or product, you can follow the following steps:
- Contact the HP store in 14 days of the delivery.
- The HP store will then provide you with instructions on what actions you need to take.
- When you contact HP through email, it is compulsory to attach with it the photos of the product or box that you received damaged. You will also have to describe the details of the damage.
Receiving an Incomplete Order
If you receive an incomplete order or product(s), then the HP Return Policy states that you will first have to contact the HP store within 30 days of the delivery of the product(s). You can then go on “my account” and click on “I have a query on my order“. The HP store will then provide return instructions to you.
Receiving an Unordered Product(s)
If you receive a product that did not match to your order, the HP Return Policy states that you have to first contact the HP store within 14 days of the delivery and then wait for the HP store to send you instructions regarding the return.
If you want a smooth return order, please note the following:
- Do not send HP any item unless any of their HP store agents specifically asks you to
- Above all, be sure to include your HP store order number9starting with SCEO). You will also have to mention if you will require an exchange or a refund.
- If you are intending to return a bundle, you will have to make sure that all the components in the bundle are returned.
- It is must that the returned good(s) must be in their original packaging with any accessory that you want to return along with it.
- Use suitable packaging to pack the product(s) as HP will not be responsible for any damages in transit.
What is the CSR number of HP?
The CSR number of HP is 800-752-0900.
How can I find the serial number of my laptop?
The serial number is printed on a label adhered to the underside of the laptop
Where can I find HP stores near me?
You can find HP stores near you on hp.com/in/en/store-finder/index.do.
In how many days can I return a damaged product?
The damaged product can be returned within 14 days.
To Sum Things Up
So this was our article on the Hewlett-Packard(HP) Return Policy. We hope that it was useful to you and saved a lot of your time.
If you have doubts regarding the Return Policies of other offline and online companies, you can see it on our website. We have return policies of many companies like Sears, Staples, Neiman Marcus, and Autozone.