Have you ever tried to return an item purchased from Walmart.com or in-store, and read the Walmart return policy? It’s too long, and you have to go through 20 pages just to get the small crunch of information you want to know. We have provided you complete information in brief in a single post to save your precious time, go through it and give us your appropriate review in the comment section.
About Walmart Return Policy
The Walmart Return Policy States that you can return to Walmart within 90 days of purchase. The product should be in its original condition, unused and in its original manufacturer packaging with price tags intact and manuals to make the process smooth. There are a different set of rules in case you want to return item(s) without a receipt. Similarly, Best Buy follows the same procedure. The Items marked as “non-returnable” are final sale and cannot be returned.
Do you know: Walmart has a maximum number of stores in Texas in the United States. Walmart has its stores at 563 different locations in Texas.
Exceptions to Return Policy at Walmart
What kind of exceptions are there in Walmart’s return policy?
There are few exceptions to the 90 days return policy which includes the items which have a return period of fewer than 90 days, more than 90 days, and items purchased between 28th October and 25th December. The Holiday will help you to get information.s
Items which can be returned within 14 days
Currently, there is only one product that can be returned within 14 days, which is: Post-paid cell phones.
Items to be returned in 15 days
The following list includes the items which can be returned within 15 days.
- Personal Computers.
- Computer hardware.
- Digital music players.
- Digital cameras.
- Electric Scooters.
- GPS units.
- Portable video players.
- Refurbished video games.
- Prepaid cell phones.
- Activity tracker.
Items which can be returned within 30 days
The items which can be returned within 30 days of purchase are; 3D Printer, and 3D Printer accessories, Air conditioners, Dehumidifiers, Evaporative Coolers, Pressure washers, and generators.
Items to be returned within 60 days
Prescription Glasses can be returned within 60 days. Walmart refunds the amount if you are not satisfied by the Item.
Items which have a return period of 1 year
WOoo! Walmart Return Policy provides a one-year time frame too. Plants including Shrubs, bulbs, annuals, perennials, foliage, and trees have a one-year satisfaction guarantee and can be returned for a full refund in case you received damaged plants.
Items purchased between Oct. 28th and Dec. 25th
An extended time frame is given for the items purchased in the winter holidays for returns. If the item falls under 15 days return category, it can be returned by the 10th of Jan, and if it falls under 30 days return category, it can be returned by 25th Jan.
The timeframe for items under 90 days return period remains the same as it already covers the holiday period.
Walmart’s Corona Virus Response
In this tough time, we all need to take care of ourselves, and that way we will take care of the people around us. Walmart has also taken up initiatives towards Covid-19. As we all know how Corona Virus can be spread, therefore Walmart is encouraging social distancing.
- There will be physical barriers at pickup counters.
- You will find Walmart is using 6-foot distance floor plan.
- There will be no contact while pickup or delivery.
Due to Corona Virus, Walmart is not allowing return at this moment. So they are asking the customers to be understanding and be patient. You can go through this link to know more about the same.
There are few items that cannot be returned as per Walmart Return Policy, and no refund is provided for these items in any case once purchased. These include:
- Video on Demand.
- Software delivered by email.
- Mobile recharge.
- Warranty Service.
Refund or replacement for the following items will only be provided in case of manufacturing defects or damage caused during shipping; else these items are non-returnable:
- All gas-powered items including Gas Powered Mini Bikes, Go Karts, Dirt Bikes, UTVs and ATVs.
- Perishable food items.
- Diabetic supplies.
- Funeral products.
- Snow Tires.
Accidentally thrown away the receipt into the trash bin, or it just flew away in the flow of air, still, can I return the item to Walmart?
Of course, you can.
Check out the provision made for Walmart “No Receipt” Return Policy in case of returns without a receipt.
Walmart also has an option through which you can return the item and get your refund even if you have lost your receipt, all you need to do is bring a valid government photo ID and the merchandise.
Once it passes through the refund verification process following options are available with you:
- You can either opt for replacement or repair of your item if available; in case of replacement, you can exchange your item with another one if available in stock.
- For the Items costing less than $25, a cash refund will be provided.
- Shopping or Gift card will be provided for the items of cost value higher than $25.
Return Policy by Department
The Walmart return policy may vary depending upon the category of the product, so here we have provided you the category wise information. You will find it the same as Target in terms of the distribution of category wise.
Consider the following points of Walmart Electronics Return Policy.
You can return most of the Electronic and Refurbished Electronic Items within 90 days of purchase except the following ones:
- 3D printers and 3D printer accessories can be returned within 30 days.
- Electronic items such as Camcorders, Laptop, Computer, Computer Hardware, Digital cameras, Drones, GPS units, Portable video players, Pre-paid cell phones, Printers (excluding 3D printers), Smartwatches, activity trackers & Tablets can be returned within 15 days.
- You can return post-paid cell phones within 14 days of purchase.
Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories
Walmart’s Return Policy for apparel is straight forward. All the items under this category can be returned for refund or exchange within 90 days of purchase or shipping delivery (In case of Walmart.com purchase).
Books, Multimedia, and Video Games
- Books, CDs, DVDs, and Video games can be returned within 90 days if unopened.
- A refurbished video game can be returned within 15 days.
- Video on demand cannot be returned once purchased.
Special point to be considered in the Walmart Return Policy while returning Prescription glasses.
- Prescription Glasses can be returned within 60 days of purchase, no replacement is provided for sunglasses, only refund will be provided.
- Can be returned within 90 days of purchase excluding photo prints.
Jewelry & Watches
Instructions to be followed while returning your Jewelry and Watches to Walmart:
- All the Jewelry items and watch (excluding Smartwatches and activity trackers) can be returned within 90 days of purchase.
- Jewelry and watches priced below $300 can be returned by mail or to a Walmart Store. The exchange is possible in-store if there is an availability of the item in stock.
- Jewelry and watches priced $300 or above should be returned by mail only. Depending on the reason of return it will be decided whether who will pay the return shipping; Walmart or buyer.
Product Care Plans
- In case there is no further requirement of the warranty or the product itself than you can cancel the product care plan or return the product in 90 days of purchase.
- All non-perishable items can be returned within 90 days of purchase.
Health & Beauty
- All the health and beauty products can be returned within 90 days.
- If the package has an ORM-D sticker, it must be returned in ORM-D packaging only.
Home & Garden
- Perennials, trees, and shrubs: These items may be returned within one year of the date of purchase with a receipt.
- Air conditioners, Dehumidifiers, and Evaporative Coolers can be returned within 30 days of purchase with the original invoice or receipt.
- All gas-powered items including ATVs Dirt Bikes, Gas Powered Mini Bikes, Go Karts, and UTVs are non-returnable.
- Pressure washers and generators can be returned within 30 days of purchase with the original receipt.
From Home and Garden category, you can return the following items within 90 days of purchase:
- Mattresses and Air mattress, Lawnmowers, line trimmers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, seed spreaders, and power washers can be returned within 90 days with a receipt to qualify for a return.
- Oversized Furniture can be returned within 90 days of purchase via freight shipping.
- You can return unused tires within 90 days of purchase.
- You cannot return Snow Tires in any case.
Sports & Fitness
- You can return sports and fitness items excluding the one listed below within 90 days of purchase.
- You cannot return Autographed sports Items.
- All toys excluding the following two can be returned within 90 days; Hoverboards and Electric Scooters can be returned within 15 days.
- You can return Window Blinds within 90 days of purchase.
Gift cards are non-returnable except for the following regions:
- California – The balance of the gift card should be equal to, or less than $10 and the original value of a gift card should be more than $10.
- Colorado, Massachusetts, Maine, Montana, New Jersey, Oregon, Puerto Rico, and Washington: The balance of the Gift Card should be $5 or less.
- Texas – You can return Gift Cards of original value higher than $5 with a balance $2.5 or less.
- Rhode Island and Vermont – Gift cards of $1 can be returned.
Walmart Return Policy In Canada
What is Walmart return policy in Canada, what should I do to return an Item I purchased in Canada?
If you live in Canada and purchased
something from the store and want to return it due to some reason, then the Walmart Return Policy makes it easy for you to make the process smooth. The Items bought from Walmart store in Canada have the same Timeframe and rules for returning or replacing an Item, all you have to do is reach the nearest Walmart store with your purchased merchandise and continue with the process of return.
Do you know there are 411 Walmart Retail units, 339 Walmart Supercentre, and 72 Walmart Discount Store in Canada with a major location of its store in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan?
Walmart Holiday Return Policy
Walmart cares for their customer and hence understand the holiday period can bring rush and so they have provided “Walmart Holiday Return Policy” an extension on their return policy timeframe at the time of the holiday. 15 days and 30 days return policy will be extended at the time winter. This means you can return your product till October 28th or December 25th respective of the timeframe. In case of 90 days, period return THAT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED.
The process of Walmart Return, Refund, & Replacement
Here we will discuss the main topic of our post, which is the method of return, replacement, and refund. Why is this topic important to you? For instance, if you purchased a Headphone from Walmart and unluckily it was not working, you will be disappointed if you did not know the process to return a Headphone. Here we bring you the steps in brief.
Take a look at the main section of the Walmart Return Policy which you were searching for. Make your return easier by using our stepwise return method.
Methods to Return an Item
How can I return the item(s) I purchased from Walmart?
There are two ways in which you can return the Item to Walmart; The first option is you can mail the item in its original packing to the Walmart, or the second option is by visiting the nearby Walmart store.
Return By Mail
To return by mail first verify whether your item is eligible for returns as per the Walmart Return Policy. To return your product easily by using mail service. It is the same as the Costco. Still, go through the below-given steps:
- Open the official web portal of Walmart:
- Click on #Account Option.
- Now Sign In with your Walmart account.
- After signing in click on #Start a Return option and press the #Next button and choose the item you want to return.
- Fill up the information with a genuine reason for returning the item.
- Now press the #Continue option.
- After that, Choose By Mail option to return the purchased item via Mail.
- Now after carefully reading the terms and conditions Proceed with Agree to Refund Terms.
After completing these online options, you will get a pre-paid return label which you have to print and stick to the item package and send it via mail to Walmart.
Return by visiting store
Returning your items by Visiting the nearest Walmart store is very easy. But, make sure that your item is eligible for returns as per the Walmart Return Policy. Once you visit the Walmart store, it becomes very easy for you to return the purchased item by carrying out the following steps:
- Visit the nearest Walmart Store.
- Locate CSD (Customer Service Desk).
- Return your purchased item there with its original packing and receipt.
Once you have returned the item, you can get a refund for it, or you can also replace it with another one if it is available in stock.
Do you know: There are 343 Walmart Stores in Florida and 296 Walmart stores in California itself.
Walmart Exchange Policy
As per Walmart’s exchange policy, they will exchange an item within the time frame of the returnable period. An exchange would be successfully accomplished if the product is available in stock at the time of return. The return timeframe for different items is mentioned above in this section.
Walmart Refund Verification Process
If the returned merchandise is eligible for returns as per the Walmart Return Policy then it passes through the Verification process. In the verification process for providing a refund to the customers, first, they check the provided receipt. if no receipt is available then they may look up in their database. After completing the first step they check the merchandise to clarify whether it is in its original condition. Furthermore, they also check your return and purchase history. After which the method of payment is cross verified and Refund is provided.
Walmart customer service number?
Walmart's customer service number is 1(800) 966-6546.
Can I return something to Walmart after 90 days?
You can return Plants to Walmart after 90 days of purchase.
Can I return an item to Walmart without a receipt?
Yes, Walmart accepts returns without a receipt within the time frame of the return period. To return Items refer to the Non-Receipted Returns section.
Can I return a Walmart item to any Walmart?
You can return an Item purchased from Walmart store to any store. It is not compulsory to return the item at the same store you purchased from.
Can you return opened items to Walmart?
No, you cannot return items that are opened. You will only have the option to exchange. However, you can return makeup items even if opened or gently used within 90 days of purchase.
What is Walmart's return policy for Laptop?
You can return a Laptop within 15 days of purchase.
We hope you have got all the information on Walmart Return Policy which you were looking for and satisfied with the information. Use our website if you want to know Return policies of other online stores too, as we provide genuine information for all popular online and offline stores like Macy’s & LL Bean.
Please do share any past experience you had with Walmart. We would highly appreciate your valuable reviews and feedback in the comments section below.