Want to return a product that you bought from Dollar General, but don’t want to go through the long Dollar General return policy to get that one single piece of information?
Well, here we give the complete information on its return policy in one single post briefly, saving on a lot of your precious time. Kindly go through it and let us know your reviews on this in the comments section below.
About Dollar General Return Policy
All the products at dollargeneral.com can be returned within 30 days of delivery if you want a full refund of the price at which you purchased, minus the shipping, handling, and other charges. Somehow this policy is very much similar to the Coach.
You must return the item in good condition, if possible in original boxes, and with all paperwork, parts, and accessories if you want credit. But you cannot return a product purchased on their online store at their retail store and can’t return a product purchased at their retail store to their online store.
Dollar General Return & Refund Process
Here we will discuss the main topic of our post, which is the Dollar General Return Policy. This is particularly important and will come handy whenever you purchase a product from Dollar General and aren’t satisfied with it and want to return it. Here we present you how to return a product in brief.
Methods to return an item
How can I return the item(s) that I purchased from Dollar General?
According to the Dollar General Return Policy, there are basically two methods to return the item to Dollar General: either return them by mail or by visiting their store. If you bought it at their online store, you can return by mailing it to Dollar General. If you bought it at their physical store, you can return it by visiting a nearby Dollar General store.
Return by Mail
To return to Dollar General by mail, follow the following steps:
- Place your item in a strong box and seal it with a tape. If available, use the original packaging. Cover or remove any other shipping labels. Don’t forget to include your billing name, order number, and address along with the item(s).
- Attach the full label securely to the largest side of the package. Do not make changes to the label.
- You can drop off your package to any
United Parcel Service(UPS) DropBox, UPS Store, UPS Alliances(Office Depot or Staples), UPS Customer Centre or Authorized Shipping Outlet. Items sent through the UPS Returns ℠ Services (including UPS Ground) are accepted at Drop Boxes. To find your closest UPS location visit http://www.ups.com.
Daily Pick up customers: You can have your shipment(s) ready for the driver as usual.
Postal Service Locations, which includes your own mailbox, postal collection boxes or local Post Office™.You can also schedule a free postal carrier pick up at:https://carrierpickup.usps.com
- Keep with yourself, a copy of the shipping label for your reference and note the full 18 digit return tracking number starting with 1Z.
- You can track your shipment at the following places:
a. The ” Track my return” link under order history
b. Go to http://www.ups.com
- All the return shipping charges must be paid in advance. Dollar General will not accept returns deliveries in the form of Cash on Delivery(C.O.D.) .
- For your return, the use of United Parcel Service(UPS) or Insured Parcel Post is highly recommended.
- Keeping the Return Tracking Number for your return package will help you monitor the delivery status of the good.
- Within 30 days of Dollar General receiving the returned order, Dollar General will then refund you in the same form of payment that was originally used for the purchase.
- Credit for gift returns will then be issues to the original purchaser.
- If the return is a result of manufacturing defect or shipping error, you will be refunded the return shipping cost.
Return by visiting a store
The Dollar General Return Policy for the purchase of a product from its physical store is relatively much easier than returning it to them by mail. Follow the same process as you use to do with the Superdry. To return by visiting the store, you just have to follow some simple steps to return the good:
- Visit the nearest Dollar General store to you.
- Their Customer Support Desk(CSD) can then be located or you could simply call their Customer Support Representative(CSR) at 877-463-1553.
- You can then return the purchased item there along with its original packing and receipt.
- You will then be refunded in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days of Dollar General receiving your returned product. The refund will include the original cost of the item and adding to it any applicable sales tax.
Damaged or Defective Items
According to the Dollar General Return Policy, if you receive damaged or defective items from them, you can follow the following simple steps:
- Contact a Customer Support Representative(CSR) within 30 days of delivery at 877-463-1553.
- You should be ready with your item number and the order number from the original confirmation e-mail, as well as your e-mail address and your phone number.
- If there is extensive damage to the carton upon delivery, contact a Customer Support Representative(CSR) immediately at 877-463-1553. Please make sure that you have your order number ready when you call. Just like Burlington.
The Dollar General Return Policy has gift cards, implying that everything except the gift cards is returnable.
Summing It Up
We hope that you conveniently found the information that you were looking for in our article on the Dollar General Return Policy. You can visit our website if you want to know return policies of other online and offline stores too as we provide genuine information for all popular stores like DSW and Party City.
Feel free to share any past experience that you’ve had with Dollar General. We would highly appreciate your valuable reviews and feedback in the comments section below.