Searching for the Best Buy return policy on the internet, It could be a tedious job to find one which explains it easily, but worries not as you have landed to a right page where you will get brief and complete information which is easy to understand.
About Best Buy Return Policy
Best Buy Return Policy generally provides a 15 days to return as per its Standard Return Policy. The product can be returned for a full refund or exchange if you have the receipt or packaging slip. But worry not if you lost the receipt as Best Buy allows your products to be exchanged in that case.
Only exchange is provided on the item(s) returned without a receipt, and no refund will be provided. As of now you already know that most of the Items can be returned within 15 days, but there are few exceptions to it; as certain products have a different return time frame for them, which we will discuss in this post.
Best Buy Return Policy as per membership
To make you clear with the Time frame of Best Buy Return Policy, you must be aware that time period depends upon whether you are “My Best Buy, My Best Buy Elite or My Best Buy Elite Plus member”.
Now a question may arise in your mind that “Who is My Best Buy, My Best Buy Elite or My Best Buy Elite Plus member?”
Simply any customer who takes the free membership of Best Buy is “My Best Buy” member. Customers who have spent more than $1500 in purchases in a calendar year become “My Best Buy Elite” Member. And in order to become “My Best Buy Elite Plus” member, you need to spend on purchase more than $3500 in a calendar year.
So once you are clear with these points, we can move ahead…
My Best Buy members get a standard return time period of 15 days for most of the products, 14 days for Cell Phones, and other devices that require activation and 60 days for Wedding registry Gifts. Whereas Elite members and Elite Plus members get return time period of 30 and 45 days for most of the items. The timeframe for Cell Phones and Wedding Registry items remain the same for all the members including Elite and Elite Plus members.
Holiday Return Policy
Most of the Items purchased in November and December are Gifts, and so Best Buy Return Policy provides an extended time frame for returning these items if required. Any purchase made between 28th Oct. and 28th Dec. can be returned for refund or exchange till 12th of January excluding the items which like a Cell phone or other devices which require activation.
Best Buy also provides a longer time frame to Best Buy Elite and Best Buy Elite Plus members for returning the items purchased during winter holidays. Elite members can return or exchange the product which was purchased between Oct. 28 and Dec 28 till 27th January, and Elite Plus members can exchange or return the product purchased in the same time period by 11th February.
Which Items are applicable for returns and which of them are non-returnable?
The Best Buy Return Policy States that, Any item purchased from Best Buy can be returned within the time frame. However, there is an exception for items which have stated “non-returnable” in the product description or the non-returnable category.
These include customized orders, digital content, prepaid cards, Gift cards(including third-party), Gift Packaging, Membership Plans, opened consumable items including batteries, cleaning agents, oil, fuel, ink, and 3D printer filament, or any item not returned in its original condition.
What if the product I received is not working or defective and belongs to Non-Returnable category?
In that case, you have to immediately contact the Best Buy customer care and report them. Further follow-up about the item for refund or replacement will be provided thereafter.
Points to be considered while returning following Items:
Here are a few of the special points to be considered as per the Best Buy Return Policy for the following items:
- Cell Phones, and other multimedia devices: Make sure that all the content from the device is deleted and has been disconnected from the service provider or cloud service if it was ever connected. If the factory reset option is available, then it may finish the necessary process.
- Gifts: On returning gifts in the store you will be provided store credit, and on returning it via mail a Gift voucher will be sent to you by email.
- Wedding Registry Gifts: For Wedding Registry Providers the purchased gifts can be returned within 60 days of purchase, provided the item is linked with the Registry provider at the time of purchase. This extended time frame is not applicable to on Cell Phones or products which require activation. It should also be noted that this extended time frame is same for Elite and Elite Plus members.
- Apparel: Apparels can be returned within the time frame if they are in its original condition, and unused. 15 days for Standard members. 30 and 45 days for Elite and Elite Plus members
- Software, Multimedia, and Games: If the package is opened then it can only be exchanged for an identical item, and no refund would be provided in this case.
- Other Electronic Items: Other consumer electronics such as Home appliances, TV, Home Theater, Computer, Tablet, Cameras, Wearable Devices, Car electronics & GPS devices can be returned within 15 days of purchase for Standard members, 30 and 45 days for Elite and Elite Plus members.
- Customized Orders: Customized orders in which the product is made exclusively as per the Customers need cannot be returned.
Who pays the return shipping fees?
Well! This depends upon the reason for return. If you received a wrong or damaged product, or it is not in a working condition then the shipping charge will be refunded to you. But if you are returning the Item without any error from Best Buy, then you have to bear the return Shipping charges.
So now we know that as per the Best Buy Return Policy, you have to pay the return shipping if you simply return because you didn’t liked it.
Do they charge for restocking fees?
Yes, Best Buy charges Restocking fees of 15% of the price of a product for most of the Items. Restocking fees of $35 to $45 is charged for Cell Phones depending upon the model.
Process of returning an Item
If your item qualifies the Best Buy Return Policy then there are three ways in which you can return an Item to Best Buy; Return at Best Buy store, Return By Mail, or Return via UPS using Prepaid Return Label.
To return at Best Buy store
To return your merchandise to Best Buy make sure it is eligible for returns as per the Return Policy. Then after, you should go through the following steps for returning:
- Locate the nearest Best Buy store.
- Visit there with your merchandise
- Give your Receipt, photo ID, and the credit card (or any other form of payment) you used for payment
- Hurray! You will receive the refund or exchange (if available) after completing the preceding steps.
Do you know, there are 105 Best Buy stores in California, and 107 Best Buy stores in Texas. Other regions which have less than 100 best buy stores: Florida (with 65 Best Buy stores), New York (52 Best Buy stores), Ohio (36 Best Buy Stores), Pennsylvania (36 Best Buy stores) and 34 Best Buy stores in Virginia.
To return via Mail
- Log on to BestBuy.com
- Fill up the Return form if not present in packing slip.
- Place the item inside its original packing.
- Place the return form inside the box.
- Stick the Return label on the package.
- Add Postage stamp.
- Mail it via Carriers service provider of your choice.
- Place the item inside its original packing.
- Print Prepaid Return Label from the Orders page of Best Buy.
- Stick the Prepaid return label on the box.
- Take the package to nearest authorized UPS drop-off.
- After receiving the package, Best Buy will process your Refund.
Here is the process of refund
How long does it take for Refund after returning? What is the process of Refund?
As per Best Buy Return Policy, refund process may take a maximum of 10 days depending upon following conditions.
- If the purchase amount was deducted from a Gift card, same would be credited in the Gift card.
- Except for the following cases the amount will be refunded in the same way you paid for them.
- It generally takes 3 to 5 days to process your Refunds once Best Buy receives your Item via mail. Further, it may take up to 7 days to reflect the refunded amount in your bank account.
- For purchases above $800 by cash or $250 by check or a debit card without a major credit card logo; the amount will be refunded in the form of a check within 10 business days.
You can return your Item to Best Buy without receipt by providing your valid government photo ID with the merchandise. In this case, you can only go for exchange, and no refund will be provided.
Finally, we described the Best Buy Return Policy and we assure you that this is the most updated information on the web.
Please do share any past experience you had with Best Buy. We would be pleased to solve your queries so do ask us in the comments.